After a long a tedious wait LG has finally revealed its secret weapon, the LG G2. The new LG flagship is announced and it has the most compact 5in bodies ever seen. LG has debuted the phone with a ton of innovation.
The smartphone comes with a virtually bezel-less 5.2inch screen and is almost the same size as the Samsung Galaxy S4. The 13mp camera is even more impressive with image stabilization tech and tweaks to improve low light photography.
On paper the G2 has all it takes to take down the current champion, the Galaxy S4.
Technical specification of LG G2:
- General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, quad-band UMTS/HSPA, penta-band LTE support, LTE-Advanced
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm, 143 g
- Display: 5.2″ 16M-color 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) power efficient capacitive touchscreen IPS LCD with Gorilla Glass 3 and ~424 ppi and 450 nit brightness, extremely narrow bezels (2.65 mm)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Chipset: Snapdragon 800 chipset
- RAM: 2GB
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Memory: 16/32GB storage, microSD card slot
- Cameras: Primary 13 MP auto-focus optically-stabilized camera, 8X digital zoom, face detection, HDR mode, panorama, geo-tagging; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 60fps, Secondary 2.1 MP front-facing camera with FullHD video capture
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC, wireless screen sharing (Miracast protocol)
- Misc: Camera has sapphire glass cover, customizable system key (can assign different functions to back, home, menu buttons); tap twice on the screen to turn it on and off
- Battery capacity: 3,000mAh Li-Po unit
After looking at the specs it is clear that LG is going for the kill. With this kind of specs, it is sure to be crowned the new champion of smartphones.
A Little Hands-on with LG G2
The phone is almost identical to Lg’s previous product, the LG Optimus G pro. The only visible difference is the absence of any bezel. This makes the device look awesome and eye catching. The next visible difference is the lack of any hardware buttons (on the side too!!). LG has provided a scrolling button at the back side of the device below the camera. According to LG, this was done because it makes the button more accessible and less prone to accidental dropping.
The G2 has a 5.2 inch True IPS display with a resolution of 1080p. According to LG, this is the largest a smartphone can get while still be operable with one hand. The new unlocking gesture is pretty cool too. The display is vibrant with excellent viewing angles . LG says the display is very energy efficient and offers a max brightness of 450 nits.
Now to the unique feature of the phone. The phone has no lock/unlock button! Yeah, you hear it right, no hardware button to lock/unlock. So, to unlock the phone just double tap on the screen and to lock it back up double tap on an empty space. A new and neat feature from LG. Only time will tell how successful it gets.
Coming to the performance, there is no doubt that the device will outperform any device currently in the market except the Sony Xperia Z Ultra which has similar specs. So, no need to worry about laggy interface or future compatibility.
The LG G2 and Irina Shayk. All a man needs. 😛 😛
That’s it for now folks. I will give a detailed review on this when we get our hands on it.
Here’s a little teaser from LG