After taking an insight into the Indian market and consumers the well-known online seller finally decided debut in the country. “AMAZON” – The world largest online retailer stepped into India. On June 5th Amazon announced that It had open its online marketplace for India. The launch of “Amazon.in” is definitely good news for Indian e-commerce sector as well as for the large internet user. The world largest online retailer currently offering to purchase books, movies, tv-shows but it will introduce other additional category like Mobile phone, Camera in upcoming weeks.
The company might have entered India late because of an unfavorable regulatory environment, but the intent is clear from the first day. “The goal for us is how we build the largest book store in India,” says Greg Greeley, Vice President of Amazon.com.
Some highlighted features of Amazon.in
- Unique marketplace model. Although other measure e-commerce website currently adapting the new method of building a marketplace model instead of inventory-based approach model as we have seen in the current changes of its biggest rival like “Flipkart , Snapdeal , Naaptol”. –The reactions.
- The large selection of over 1 million books over 200 categories like friction, biography, management, children’s book etc.
- As a promotional offer Amazon currently offering free home delivery on all product to every customers for a limited period of time with no minimum purchase value.- Smart move J
- To sell on Amazon.in the seller will have to pay Rs.499/- per month as subscription (Which is currently set free as a promotional offer for 1 year) ,12% of every product value and closing fee of Rs.10/-.
- Fulfilled by Amazon is a new feature added to indicate that the item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfillment centers, and also amazon will directly handle the delivery, returns and customer service.
According to Amit Agarwal (Vice President, Amazon India Manager) the Amazon India strategy basing on three main goal: huge selection/collection, low price and faster delivery to customers.
As the race has just started, there is no definite leader in Indian e-commerce market. And at last whatever may be the case or who may be the winner, the Indian e-commerce market is going to witness some serious rivalry.